2024 Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting Of Shareholders

VJ

disney has launched a website to make sure shareholders "vote disney" ahead of the shareholder meeting on april 3, complete with a pretty cute video featuring bill rogers and ludwig von drake telling people how to vote (and who to vote for)

not sure who's voicing ludwig here but it definitely isn't corey burton 🤔

TsWade2

disney has launched a website to make sure shareholders "vote disney" ahead of the shareholder meeting on april 3, complete with a pretty cute video featuring bill rogers and ludwig von drake telling people how to vote (and who to vote for)

DIsney told the shareholders not to vote fror Nelson Peltz and Blackswell. Is that kind of like a bribe or something? They shouldn't do that you know.

Disstevefan1

DIsney told the shareholders not to vote fror Nelson Peltz and Blackswell. Is that kind of like a bribe or something? They shouldn't do that you know.
PapaIgerKnowsBest.jpg

TsWade2

They actually do the same thing every year when they ask shareholders to vote for the current slate of board members.

There is nothing nefarious going on, it happens at every company.
Oh! Okay. But some the shareholders might vote for Nelson Peltz. But I still can’t decide who’s side I’m on. We’ll see.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh! Okay. But some the shareholders might vote for Nelson Peltz. But I still can’t decide who’s side I’m on. We’ll see.
Shareholders can vote for whomever they want. Disney is just asking for them to vote for the board members they nominated. Just like Peltz is asking for them to vote for himself and Rasulo, its no different.

For us fans here it doesn't really matter what side we're on as unless you own shares of Disney you don't get a say.

Inspired Figment

Yep.. also, interesting thing to note is the heavy usage of House of Mouse footage despite it not being available on Disney + for whatever bizarre reason…
Meaning, They really need to put House of Mouse on the service soon. There’s really no good excuse for it not being there at this point. Well.. maybe the folks in charge and their goals/visions for the company, but it sure is odd considering basically every other series and cartoon of Mickey & Friends is on there.. but I digress.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Gotta say though, it’s odd they relied so heavily on reused footage from a show they won’t even put on their own service nor hardly acknowledge (for whatever bizarre reason. It darn well should be) when they were able to do new traditional animation of Ludwig for a Disneyland Facebook post last year of all things, despite the clearly limited budget…: https://t.co/v7f1ciAz88
the whole shareholder voting video, while a cute idea on paper, is not well executed.. not getting Corey Burton to do the voice also rubs me the wrong way.. makes me wonder if he declined it as he’s known for being protective of the characters he voiced and declining to be a part of something involving a character he voices if it’s too out of character. Food for thought… hmm

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom